1.10.18

Long Run Sunday: Ft Snelling

Plan: Run: The goal of the run is to have fun running.
Post run: Sunday weights and Sunday abs.
Route: I haven't been to Ft Snelling all year.  But I didn't want to do my normal 10-12 mile route today.  So I parked down by the lock and dam and ran from there.
Weather: In the 40s, no sun, no wind.
Wardrobe: Capris, long sleeve shirt, head band, wool socks, Merrel shoes.  Those shoes were not think enough for the gnarly worn down part of that trail either. I needed my Altras.
Execution: I definitely had fun.  I listened to nature, or the lack of birds singing as was the case today.  I enjoyed the scenery.  I used a couple different camera apps to take all of the pictures.  I felt like garbage at the beginning of this run (thanks mother nature) but somehow ran through it and felt a lot better at the end.  I have not looked at my splits from the run.  It's good practice for next week when I'll try not to look at my 5K/10K results until Sunday when all racing is complete.
Nutrition: I had a fat bomb before leaving the house.  And no, that's not the reason I felt like garbage.  I did not carry food or water on my run.  I'm sure I will spend the rest of the day hydrating and managing my electrolytes.
From today, I learned: When I'm about to get my period and I feel like garbage at the beginning of a run, apparently it's possible to run through that and feel better by the end.
Bonus: Here's pictures from a few different apps. The best one I got is CameraTimerDC and it's a paid app, but it can take photos every second. Honorable mention goes to PhotoTimer+ which is free, but only takes one picture every five seconds.  For the macros I used Obscura which is normally a paid app but I managed to get it for free one time.

No comments:

Post a Comment