30.9.18

Loony Challenge 2 Weeks To Go

Weekly Miles Planned: 30 Miles
Actual: 30.13 Miles

Long Run Miles Planned:10 or so
Actual: 10.73 miles Sunday

Sunday Planned: 6-10 Miles at MAF, Sunday Kettlebell Workout, Sunday Abs
Actual:
Run: 10.73 Miles in the morning.
Kettlebell workout: done with a 10kg bell and a 6kg bell.  Which, after seeing my heartrates from the run, this was the right decision.
Abs: Done.
From today, I learned: Going hard can be fun!

Monday Planned: 6-10 Miles at MAF, Plyos
Actual: 5.3 Miles in the cool fall morning. 3 minutes 'finisher'
From today, I learned: Take it easy and listen to my body.  Run my run and don't get distracted by what else is going on.

Tuesday Planned: 4-6 Miles at MAF, Lift Weights
Actual: 4.3 Miles in the morning along the Greenway.  Tuesday weights.
From today, I learned: I went to Goodwill for my Pre-Race throw away clothes.  Thanks to Blue Tag Tuesday, I paid $3 including a $0.50 donation.  And I learned that every Tuesday it's a different color tag that's on sale.  Also, this was a great run.  But for some reason Strava isn't showing me other runs on this same route right now, so I'm going to go learn more about that.

Wednesday Planned: 1 Mile Run
Actual: 1.2 miles run after work.
From today, I learned: I used this run to practice a high cadence. 

Thursday Planned: 4-6 Miles at MAF, Lift Weights
Actual:
Run: 4.3 miles on the Greenway.  Low HR and a good pace.
Weights: Thursday weights done except the assisted pull up machine was being used so I did barbell rows again. 
From today, I learned: Weights: I feel like I'm getting better at front squats.  I need to remember to warm up my wrists for that exercise.   this video was very helpful in making sure I do my warm ups properly.
Run: So, I ran by this dude laying on the ground not even a mile into my run.  I was pretty sure he was just passed out, but I felt conflicted.  On the one hand, I don't want to be the kind of person who just runs by someone without offering help.  On the other hand, there was no way I was going to actually check on him myself.  (I think every female runner understands this; it's just a safety thing.)  But when I came back that way at the end of the run he had moved on, so I felt less conflicted.

Friday Planned: 1 Mile Run
Actual: 1.2 miles in the early morning.
From today, I learned: Sometimes running in the dark is better.  I couldn't really 'see the course' today so I wound up daydreaming a bit and the run went by really fast for a slow run.

Saturday Planned: 4-6 Miles at MAF, Plyos
Actual: 3.1 miles in the morning, 3 minutes finisher.  I did not look at my watch at all for this run.  I ran completely by pace and listened to my body. I haven't looked at paces yet, I wanted to write my summary first.
From today, I learned:  Slow down and listen to my body.

No comments:

Post a Comment