19.9.18

Tuesday Long Run: Too Early in the Morning

Plan: Step 1: Get out of bed when the alarm goes off.
Step 2: Run and don't look at  your watch.  Aim for 'working but have gas left in the tank' effort level.


Route: I used my Creek/River/Greenway Loop.  I've had some bad experiences on this route, but some good days as well.
Weather: Sort of raining as I walked out the door.  Foggy as anything I've ever run in at the low spots on the creek and near the river. There was a touch of rain during the run, but nothing too bad.
  

Wardrobe: Illuminite shirt and shorts (they are reflective), wool socks, a hat, runner head lamp because I left at 4:40am to get this done before work.
Execution: I mean, I wish my paces were faster for the heart rate, but I got the effort gauged perfectly I think.

Nutrition: I had a 'fat bomb' before the run.  That was not the right way to wake up.  If i have enough good avocados on race day, that is for sure the direction I'm going. I carried water on the run and drank about 6oz while I was out. No food.  Besides aggravating my stomach, the fat bomb did fill me up.
From today, I learned: I had a lot of thoughts last night about runner safety.  It's so interesting the messages we give ourselves about where and when women can run, when we should be alone or in a group.  The amount of space this occupies in my head is impressive.  I actually felt better about things with the rain.  I was all 'no one wants to be out in this crap' and just went for it.
Bonus: I actually did Tuesday weights this afternoon.  If I can stay awake tonight, I'm going to do an 'evening yoga' video as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment