23.9.18

Loony Challenge 3 Weeks To Go

Weekly Miles Planned: 36 Miles.  Peak week!
Actual:31+ miles run, 4+ elliptical 'miles' and a little walking for 37+ miles total

Long Run Miles Planned: 10-12 Miles
Actual: 10.22 Miles on Tuesday morning

Sunday Planned: 6-10 Miles at MAF, Sunday Kettlebell Workout, Sunday Abs
Actual: 8 Miles on the track.  (8,7,6,5,4,3,2,1 workout).  This was a rough workout.  Even after a significant cooldown from the run, my HR was still way too high for weights so I abandoned that in favor of not passing out.  No abs yet.
There's a heat advisory in Minneapolis, so running outside in the late morning is no fun.
From today, I learned: This running workout started out rough.  After the 'warm up' I focused on running smoothly, and running hard but 'leaving something in the tank'.  So, this workout turned out to be about listening to my body.

Monday Planned: 6-10 Miles at MAF, Plyos
Actual:
Abs: Sunday abs done
Weights: Sunday weights, done in full this time.
Run: 1.5 miles on the track
Elliptical for 60 minutes
Bonus Yoga video in the evening. 
From today, I learned: Yesterday's shit workout was completely my own fault.  I was dehydrated, like over a few days just hadn't had enough water, lazy dehydrated.  So I spent the afternoon on Sunday sucking down water, and I drink a lot of water while I was on the elliptical today as well.


Tuesday Planned: 4-6 Miles at MAF, Lift Weights
Actual:
Run: 10.22 Miles in the morning.  This is a swap for either Monday or Sunday when I was feeling like crap.
Weights: Tuesday weights done, except all the bench press benches were full so I did overhead press today.
Bonus yoga video in the evening again. And then I went to bed at like 8pm.
From today, I learned: Get up early and get it done?
Listen to my body: I didn't look at my watch until the final mile of the run.  I just went off how I was feeling.  I was feeling like I was working harder than a normal MAF run, but like I had gas left in the tank as well.
I'm actually more surprised with myself for getting weights done this afternoon. I knew what my work schedule looked like, plus I got stuck in traffic, but done and done!

Wednesday Planned: 1 Mile Run
Actual: 1.16 miles on the track, plus 2 laps walking for a total mileage of 1.5 miles. (Wahoo)
From today, I learned: They aren't all going to be high mileage days.  But my heart rate is back where I think it should be so I think I'm feeling better.

Thursday Planned: 4-6 Miles at MAF, Lift Weights
Actual: 1.25 Miles on the Treadmill.
Thursday weights done.  Including 1 set of 5 assisted pull ups with only 50lbs of help.  I did bench press today, swapped with Tuesday.
From today, I learned: I changed the mileage today because of an all day rain storm and much better predicted weather tomorrow.  I have done a run or two in the rain this cycle, and I just wasn't feeling it today.

Friday Planned: 1 Mile Run
Actual: Run 5.48 miles in the morning, easy.  Bonus abs.  (I'm now realizing I didn't do a 'finisher' for this run, so I'm glad I did the abs.)  Btw, I was running in like 20mph winds at one point.  It was really awesome.
From today, I learned: This was a great run.  I think I'm feeling better than the crap fest that was earlier this week.


Saturday Planned: 4-6 Miles at MAF, Plyos
Actual: 4.18 Miles, easy, in the morning.  3 Minutes finisher.
From today, I learned: I am captain grumpy pants on the weekends.  No, seriously, sometimes an easy effort is just the right thing. I focused on running my own pace and not getting distracted when other runners passed by.

No comments:

Post a Comment