24.9.18

Long Run Sunday

Plan: Start around 6:30, don't look at the watch, practice the hills.
After the run, Sunday weights and Sunday abs.
 
Route: I call this the "Thank God the Roads Are All Open" Route.  I run it usually at least once before the 10 miler.  It includes parts of the course including that hill up to Franklin Ave and the enter into St Paul.


Weather: 50's to start, sunny, not much wind.


Wardrobe: Nike shorts; tank top, hat, injinji socks and Skora shoes.


Execution: Well, I haven't looked at my splits or anything yet.  Since the run was 'don't look at the watch' I want to gauge this how I felt.
  • I am a little freaked out by that big orange strip on the heart rate zone graph, though I do think it matches my effort.  I'm just a little what have I done to myself?
  • I did well on the up hills.  I focused on keeping my shoulder blades relaxed and 'down my back' and keeping relaxed. 
  • I went hard, but stayed 'loose'.  And then I had this thought of 'this is what marathon training is going to be like' 
  • I focused on what I do well, including having a good cadence. 
  • I both fought 'till the end and tried to take the last mile easy. 


Nutrition: I had another fat bomb before heading out.  This one didn't upset my stomach nearly as much.  I had some water along the way but not a ton.
From today, I learned: Stay positive; focus on the process and focus on what I do well.  For hills, I've lifted a lot of weights so I'm strong, I have a good posture and I can stay relaxed.  For flats, I have good cadence.  For down hills, just have hella fun.


Bonus: I'll have a separate Before and After post from this run.  It's how I entertain myself sometimes. Also, this was a really thing that happened today.  At least they're not as mean as geese.

No comments:

Post a Comment