7.10.18

Whole30 Day 40

Pre workout and post workout meals: Pre-races I had 3/4 of an avocado, salted. Between races I had a banana and water.  Post races I had hard boiled eggs wrapped in prosciutto.  This is not a day to count calories.
Breakfast: Potatoes, scrambled eggs, bacon, coffee with cream.  I cooked for me and Dungeon Master who completed her own race series today.
Lunch: Steak, ranch dressing, carrots.
Snacks: Smoothie of half and half, homemade almond milk, bananas, cocoa powde
Supper: Sauteed apples in butter, pecans, side of cheese.
Exercise: I raced the 10K and 5K of Loony Challenge today.
Shopping: No actually.
Cooking: Yes, breakfast, snack and supper
Dishes?: Yes also.
Thoughts: I did this for race training.  I'd started out strong in June, went totally of the rails in July, and needed something strict to get me back on track for the tail end of training. 
Adding dairy (no sugar added dairy like half and half and cheeses) was a good decision and made things more sustainable in the long run.  It even added the option of a vegetarian meal from time to time. 
No alcohol for an extended period of time is always a good idea.
I liked monitoring the carbs for a while.  It helped me understand what was going on.
This past week, I added carbs back into my life, but I stuck to carbs I'd been eating in smaller amounts the whole time.  So, lots of bananas, apples, potatoes and sweet potatoes. We'll see after tomorrow if that was a wise decision.
Tracking if I did my dishes was also helpful.  I hate dishes and I particularly hate getting the grease off tupperware.
The blog posts were actually really helpful for holding myself accountable.  They were also good reminders of when I needed to go shopping again, and a reminder that I can always stop by the co-op versus stopping by a restaurant.

No comments:

Post a Comment