7.10.18

Whole30 - Day 1

Pre workout and post workout meals: Nothing pre, post was lunch.
Breakfast: Eggs, bacon, arugula.  Day 1 and I have a veggie with breakfast!
Lunch: Roast beef, baby swiss cheese, bell peppers, strawberries, banana
Snacks: None yet.  A Larabar may be in my future though.
Supper: Punch Pizza - Chopped Salad.  No bread.
Exercise: Ran 1 mile on the treadmill; lifted weights
Shopping: Nope
Cooking: I'm about to make hard boiled eggs for breakfast tomorrow.
Thoughts
I'd been doing very well on a W30 like program for most of the summer, with a programmed 'week off' in mid August when I went home.  Well, Mom and Dad came up here in mid-July, and I did well sticking with the program for a day or two.  And then the wheels completely fell off the wagon.  And stayed off the wagon until now.  I'm putting myself back together.
Goal is to make my body as strong and lean as possible ahead of Loony Challenge. 
I'm saying now this is not a real 'Whole30'  I find W30 a good guideline for eating real food and trying to make my body as healthy as possible pre-race, but I've had to make a couple tweaks to make it something I can really live with.
First - no sugar added gum is totally allowed
Second - no sugar added dairy is totally allowed.  That means cheese, cream for my coffee, and butter. Plain yogurt and plain keffir are also allowed though I rarely consume them.
Third - apparently I'm allowed to have a diet Pepsi from time to time because that was a thing that happened tonight.
Four - I will eat any bacon I want.  I find Paleo bacon gross.  The bacon I eat has minimal sugar in the rub, it's fine.  I'm not cramming bacon for a sugar fix.
Five - If I want banana pancakes, I will have banana pancakes.
Six - I'm thinking about going "keto" so nutrient tracking is a thing that I'm doing for the moment.  Food tracking is also technically illegal on W30.
Seven - I'm thinking of adding a 'did I do the dishes?' question on here.  I wonder what value that would add.

No comments:

Post a Comment