7.10.18

Loony Challenge 1 Week To Go

Weekly Miles Planned: Not that many. Just be patient and enjoy the taper.
Actual: 25 run, 2 walked

Long Run Miles Planned: 6-8
Actual:: 6.65 Miles on Sunday morning.

Sunday Planned: 6-10 Miles at MAF, Sunday Kettlebell Workout, Sunday Abs
Actual:
Run: 6.65 Miles at Ft Snelling with a goal of having fun.
Kettlebells: Done, and a minute faster than last week
Abs: Also done.
Bonus 2.5 miles walk with Dungeon Master on the track at the gym. 
From today, I learned: Normally I run, walk the last 5-10 minutes of the route back to the gym, and then do my weights/abs workout.  Today I ran, cooled down, got in my car and drove to the gym, and then did weights/abs.  My weights workout is rep based, and this week I got it done about 1 minute faster than last week, at the same reps and weights.

Monday Planned: 6-10 Miles at MAF 1-3 Miles, Plyos
Actual: 1.2 miles in the morning.
From today, I learned: Turn off my watch at the end of the run.  I had a slight failure here and realized I'd left it on for about five minutes while I was putting the dishes away.
I'm going back and re-reading my past weeks of training.  In the beginning I talked a lot about nutrition as well as work outs, and then I had an unplanned failure in July and took that bullet point out.  I'm liking going back and looking at that, and may want to add it back in for Flying Pig training.

Tuesday Planned: 4-6 Miles at MAF, Lift Weights
Actual: 4.66 Miles on the Rum River Trail. I've missed it here.
From today, I learned: This was a fun run.  I didn't look at my watch. I practiced having positive thoughts like I'll need Saturday and Sunday.  It felt great to be outside and enjoying nature.  Fall colors are trying their hardest to come out.

Wednesday Planned: 1 Mile Run
Actual: 1.2 miles in the morning.
From today, I learned: I am legit wondering if 7pm is too early to go to bed.  Taper means rest, right?  I woke up with a massive headache.  Ibuprofen is doing it's job so far though.

Thursday Planned: 4-6 Miles at MAF, Lift Weights 1 Mile Run.
Actual: 1.2 Miles in the morning
From today, I learned: Not on my run, but later I learned the Buffalo Montrose trail has been paved. I've run there a time or two or three.  It's always been a crushed limestone trail, and then used for snowmobiles in winter.  I'm curious with the blacktop now if that'll make a difference for winter use. There's no way they're going to plow that thing all winter long.  Right?

Friday Planned: 1 Mile Run
Actual: 1.2 Miles in the morning.
From today, I learned: Last night I swapped my winter and summer clothes.  I have too many running clothes.  I also have 50 pairs of sweat pants and I don't like many of them at all.

Saturday Planned: 4-6 Miles at MAF, Plyos 10K race, 5K race
Actual: 10K race and 5K race completed
From today, I learned: Trust my body; my body is stronger than my mind today.

No comments:

Post a Comment