7.10.18

Whole30 Day 28

Pre workout and post workout meals: None.
Breakfast: Coffee with cream.  I had kind of an odd eating day.
Lunch: (Also sort of breakfast) Jicama, sausage, eggs
Snacks: None.
Supper: Green Mill - fried green beans and coconut chicken fingers.  I am so glad this isn't a real W30.
Exercise: Run 5 miles this morning before breakfast.
Shopping: No actually.
Cooking: Yes, made my flank steak for lunches.  I set off the building fire alarm, which is a thing that can happen when I cook steak but I really don't like doing it.
Dishes?: Yes.
Thoughts: I'm doing some research on dishes.  The way I cook, everything is always and forever covered in grease.
  • Given my current situation, I read tips for handwashing dishes.  I learned to use cold water to remove dairy.  And they validated my 'baking soda removes all grease' process.  Also, 'don't stack dirty dishes in your sink' is a newer part of the process for me.  I'm stacking them in a washing bin, but then taking the bin out and filling up the sink for washing right now.  I'm not sure if it's better than my old way. 
  • I also read how to dissolve oil from dishes and I am interested to try the vinegar soak method. In particular this cutting board, which I love, is hard to get grease off, even with baking soda.  I have an Ikea cutting board that's equally hard to clean.  
  • This can be my back up plan for getting oil/grease off plastics and tupperware.

No comments:

Post a Comment