30.4.20

COVID Diaries - April 30

Today was.... well, it was up and down. 

5am or so - I woke up, which is actually later than my usual 3am middle of the night wake up call.  I was all "the suns coming up anyways, go for a run" so I did.


7am or so - I went back to bed.  Ways I am turning into my mother: I was sooooo cold.  It's worse after a run, but usually taking a shower after the run helps (which I did). 

9am um, 9:15am, ok 9:30am, I got up for reals.  I went by McDonalds for the breakfast of champions (sausage and egg biscuit) before heading in to work.

10am (or so, let's be real) I showed up to sort donated masks.  Hand made, donated masks. Today, I got to hang with one of my most favorite PTs ever (I call her "the smiley giggly one").  I did this deployment one time before and it made my life.  As Mr. Rogers says, always look for the helpers
If you haven't seen or done this, you just cannot... There are no words.  I mean... There are thousands of hand made donated masks.  And this was the third time I know about we'd sorted that many masks.  Imagine the effort and time and materials people put into these masks.  This is what love looks like. 


And then... Around 1:30 or 2pm, things fell apart with a different work thing that I was trying to accomplish.  I might've (not on purpose) made someone cry. So, that was really the low point of the day. Low.
I had Chipotle for supper. Because apparently I am not cooking today?

Zumba was cancelled.

I talked to Mom and Dad and somehow upset Dad on the call.  Because I was all "this is what I heard you say, I'm sorry if I misunderstood".  And then, for some reason, Mom thought it would be a good idea to say oh, he was being sarcastic like he who shall not be named.  (Though, Mom did name him.  I don't type bad words here.)  Anyways, that's about where the phone call ended.  I was like "leave me out of this nonsense."

So, super positive day in some ways, but also a hard moment or two.

No comments:

Post a Comment