13.4.20

COVID Diaries - April 13

You know the Facebook memories?  One year and two days ago, we had the last blizzard of 2019.  One year ago yesterday, I tried to buy my house.  And failed.  And then didn't eat for two days before I had to run my 20 miler for my marathon training.

I am "furloughed" next week. I am very fortunate.  For me, this means 'involuntary PTO'.  For one week.  I am thinking about how I'll spend my time.  I'm hoping for some version of "talking to plants", though apparently I'm late to the game on growing new plants from seed?   Whatever.  I'm new here.

For a "day off" work, I was oddly busy with work things.  Whatever.  It's gotta get done right now and we can't be fussy about schedules.

I made a workout of my own, based on this video. Counting is not my thing.  So, I set it up to be 1:00, then 1:30, then 2:00 of all the exercises. Since I only have 3lb dumbells at home, I also added resistance band to add to the challenge.

I did not understand, before all of this, how training with a resistance band would totally jack up my heart rate. These things are legit. Sometimes I do a banded good morning versus a banded dead lift. 

I did also run my mile. But not much more. Maybe tomorrow?

No comments:

Post a Comment