3.4.20

COVID Diaries - Friday April 3

Work was like... is it a full moon?  What was the deal? I worked hard today.

I tried to watch the Governor's daily address, but 2pm is about when the wheels really came off the wagon with work stuff, so I didn't see much.

I ran my mile today, and lifted weights a bit, but not a lot. For weights, I added a resistance band to some of the exercises. So, band plus little dumbells. It's better than nothing right?

We technically had snow today.  It really didn't stick here, and by the time I was out running, the sidewalks were dry.

I ordered resistance bands on Amazon.  They seem to be more in stock than weights. I also got pumpkin seeds because I miss them. Hard.

It's possible I got a bit snarky (I did get snarky) with a friend regarding new guidance to mask when we're out around people.  Friend was saying cloth face masks don't do anything.  I was explaining the guidance I'd been given by incident command and people who've been studying viruses longer than I've been alive.  (If Friend wears a mask, I am protected from Friend's germs, but Friend is not protected from my germs nearly as well).  Friend told me the guidance is was wrong viruses need true filtering from an N95.  I offered to connect Friend to the MDs and PhDs at incident command so they could be educated properly. (Snark.) 

Friend is not wrong, N95s would be ideal.  But currently the federal administration is in a pissing match with 3M over the distribution of N95s.  And apparently once the federal administration gets their hands on the N95s, they are for hoarding, not for distribution to the states

No comments:

Post a Comment