18.4.20

COVID Diarires - April 18

Today is Furlough day 1 or 10.  I have a plan people.  I've made a list of things to do, people to contact, places to see, exercise/movement options, and chores.  And by "list" I mean post its.  And then I put the post its on different days of the furlough so I know what is planned for the day.

Today's goals were bike ride, clean the bathrooms, vacuum/sweep the floors.

Bike ride: Actually happened first.  I rode my old old bike, because the tires are better to deal with the post-winter street conditions.  Except, apparently I tried to break one of my tires.  Glad I didn't go for a longer ride.  I deflated and then reinflated the troubled tire and it seemed to stay on the rim better now, but I didn't take it back out to test it.
Agenda for later this week is to pull out the other bike and see how she handles the sand and gravel in the roads.

Run: I ran my mile, but I took my route backwards today.  Everything looks so different this way.

Then there was a significant amount of lounging, napping, etc.  Followed by

Floors: I swept the kitchen first, because the broom gets into a couple places better than the vaccum. Then, I started eying the bathrooms, so I switched to those.

Bathrooms: I have 2 full bathrooms and 1 half bath.  I really only use the tub/shower in my bathroom, so the second tub/shower doesn't get dirty, nor get a lot of cleaning attention. My strategy has been to do one chore in each bathroom, and then move on to the next chore.  It's more walking around, but fewer cleaning rags actually.  Current plan is all mirrors, all sink tops/surfaces, the tub/shower that's used the most, then the freaking toilets.  I hate cleaning toilets.  The floors were done as part of the other floor project.  There was a lot of hair on my bathroom floor.

Vacuum: I finished off the evening vacuuming all of the floors on both levels. I have a lot of hair.

Then I went to a Chinese restaurant for take out.  That's an experience.  I had to call and say I was here, and they brought the food outside, set it on a table, went back inside, and then I could grab it and go.

No comments:

Post a Comment