21.4.20

COVID Diaries - Tuesday April 21

Today was the day that everything fell apart, and then sort of put itself back together quite nicely.

I thought about heading up to Sherburne Wildlife Refuge, and was looking to see if Wildlife Drive is open for the season.  That's about when I learned that while yes, the drive is open, all the bathrooms are closed.  This had a significant impact on my trail running plans.. This led to me checking Elm Creek and Baker which are in similar predicaments. Sigh.

So, I lay on the couch, and dried the clothes I forgot to take out of the washer last night and considered all my options.

I wound up doing a 3-ish mile run.

Then I talked to some of my favorite people in Kentucky.  One is reading The Order of the Phoenix, the other is reading Enders Game.  Neither one will go back to school in person this year.

Obviously I had my afternoon nap.

While dealing with the "what the heck am I going to do now?" of it all, because I'd been looking forward to some further away parks, I decided to head back to the Heron Rookery. Did I mention while I was sulking, I found my binoculars.  So, I tried to take lots of pics through the bincolulars.  That was a learning process all it's own.

Next up was Zumba on Zoom.  They are finally working out the nitty gritty on this one.  Sounds is getting better and better.  Mom does the Zumba too.

Finally, Chipotle was delivery to my door.  At no extra charge.  So that's a nice way to wrap things up.

Bonus that is unexpected (and not in my post-its) is I did a very rough sketch of the rookery as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment