2.4.20

COVID DIaries - Thursday April 2

I am surprised to report I got up somewhat on time.

I am also pleasantly surprised to report I had a nice afternoon run.  My heart rate stayed low and I felt good.  One of my longer runs this week.

Actual monologue from my father (because I was told not to interrupt)
"Don't interrupt me and Don’t judge. All of us get this email.. (Legendary Run Golf Course) they have been approved by the county health commissioner to open their course...So Gary sends out this email... Michael is a little reluctant but he can't stand it much longer and if we're going to play
Dick said no... I originally said yes... about two hours later after Jan talked with me, I sent out an email saying I'm withdrawing my original approval.  And then Gary and Mike thought the same thing.  So we're going to sit out another week or two... The city courses aren't open... well no there's a city course in Covington Open and Legendary Run... not sure on Kenton Co"  
I asked Dad what changed his mind, and apparently it was just Mom saying "I wish you wouldn't""
Dad is mad that I can go out and run in the parks and he can't golf.  My thing is, no one has to go to work for me to enjoy the parks.  Dad's like "what about the people who mow the grass?" and I'm all "it's Minnesota, the grass is not growing here".  
So, the drama continues but I see progress in the right direction.

I'm listening to part of Gov Walz briefing.  11 of the 18 deaths in Minnesota have been in long term care facilities. 

Dad said "when we go 'back to normal', it's going to be something new."

Dungeon Master is going to make me a homemade mask.  After she figures out how to make one without a pattern or elastic. It's an issue.







No comments:

Post a Comment