28.4.20

COVID Diaries - April 28

I am back at work.  I had a more successful work day because I kept an agenda, and created one for tomorrow. Successful right now is being measured in "do I think I worked hard enough?"

I'm trying to think of all the things that people will talk about, years from now, about how crazy this time is/was.  For example, it's April and I have a solid tan, and a legit watch tan.  In April.  Remember last year when I was trying to train for a marathon in the snow?

This relates to the significant amount of time I've spent out doors.  Running.  Walking.  Visiting with friends.  It's amazing. 

One of the other phenomena which I've kind of mentioned here is losing time and losing a routine.  Like, no one knows what day it is or where we are or anything.  It's wild. Having an agenda for myself for the previous ten days was clutch, and something I'm carrying on now as a coping mechanism.

Here's a different take on the situation. My M&Ms were gummy bears. 

I've now converted Mom and Dad to daily calls. They're getting more used to FaceTime, though I still look at a lot of light fixtures. Not sure if we'll keep up the daily calls once this is all done. 

I miss family so hard.  It's like, I know they're there, and I can't even go see them right now.  It's so sad.  The one I feel worst about is Grandma, who's in a nursing home with no visitors.  But I'm missing Dad pretty hard too.  He started a new medicine a while back and I think it's helped him a lot, but I can't see it face to face right now.  So that's rough.

I ran today, and thought I'd do Zumba on Zoom but Bernice canceled at the last minute.  I hope she's okay.

No comments:

Post a Comment