28.4.20

COVID Diaries - April 27

Furlough is complete.  I capped it off by actually calling in to safety huddle, but I have not yet checked my email.

Today was actually an awesome day.

I woke up and cooked myself an actual breakfast (minus coffee because of some other plans) and then lounged around for a bit.

I did the longest bike ride I've maybe ever done in life. With a friend from work.  It was super fun.  I tried some things I wouldn't have done without her.  She also helped me fix my bike when I popped the chain on a steep hill. Sites included Victory Memorial, Wirth Park, Cedar Lake, Sculpture Garden, Mississippi River, a coffee shop, the heron rookery, and Webber Parkway.  It was quite a ride!

I ran as soon as I racked my bike.  This just needs to get done right?.  It was hot out, and sunny.  But a nice day to be outside in the end.

Next up, obviously, was food.  I hit up Chipotle.  Apparently I've thrown social distancing caution to the wind here.  I even went in without a mask.  (I didn't realize there'd be other customers in there.)


I ended the evening with a social distance happy hour with Captain Smiley and Dungeon Master.  Captain Smiley put out his Blessed Ramadan sign.  Our neighbors across the street stopped and thanked him.  They said it means a lot.

Tomorrow it's going to rain and I'm surprisingly excited for not sunshine.  I told my co-worker, I've never had such a legitimate tan so early in the year.  She agreed.  But it's okay to take a break for a day, right?


No comments:

Post a Comment