19.4.20

COVID Diaries - April 19

Today is furlough day 2 of 10.
Plans for Monday include a happy hour with Qat Lady and My Pooky Bear.
Plans for Tuesday include talking to some of my favorite people in Kentucky about the books they are reading.

Today was productive and then it fell off a cliff.  I'm cool with that.

Running: Done first thing.
Weights (goal was 15 mins).  I did a 10 minute warm up for running, of leg exercises.  When I got back I did the same 10 minutes of drills, but this time with a resistance band.
For "first meal" I had lox, capers, cream cheese on crackers, and then a "my Pooky Bear sandwich" (which is modeled of a prosciutto sandwich she had somewhere in England or Ireland and adored).

Heron Rookery: A suggestion from Olive was that I get myself to checkout the Rookery before the leaves are on the trees.  I'd looked at biking there, but it was just all too much, emotionally, right now so I drove.  Totally worth my time.  FYI, Blue Herons are my favorite bird.

Lowes: I got plants.  I tried to find something for Dungeon Master but they didn't have it.  I'm currently trying to teach her about Sugru.

Costco: They are out of eggs.  This just makes it certain I have to hit the co-op.  There was no line to get in, so I'm not really sure what I saw the other day in Coon Rapids.

And then, y'all, I hit the wall.  I came home, put my plants in the window with the sunshine and watered them, unpacked my groceries, and sat my butt down on the couch. I've just had second meal (eggs, bacon, toast), and not planning on moving much the rest of the day.

Originally I'd planned to hit Sherburne Wildlife Refuge tomorrow.  The forecast calls for sun, which is good, but 25mph winds which are not my thing. So, I think I will relocate that trip to another day.

No comments:

Post a Comment