30.3.20

COVID Diaries - March 30

I worked today.  Yes, on a Monday.  It doesn't matter because no one knows what day it is anyway.  

My 'work' was sorting 11,000 homemade masks that have been donated.  Most have elastic ear bands but some have ties (because apparently there was a moment when the craft stores ran out of elastic?!?).  Some had snapped elastic or other issues in transit.  And some just had not the standard pattern.

I told Captain Smiley and Dungeon Master I've literally never been so excited to be in a room full of people all day.

This was supposed to take 2 days and turned out to not even take one full day.  (Apparently these masks are easier to sort than the face shields that were donated?)

I used the time in my old stomping grounds to hit up my favorite taco place, and my old grocery store. (They have the best bacon and the best hand rolled butter.)

I also spent some time drawing pictures for the neighborhood scavenger hunt? Is this a thing everywhere?  Apparently the distance learning kids are supposed to take a morning walk.  Every Tuesday the little ones are supposed to look for things in the neighborhood.  Tomorrow it's a butterfly and next week it's a music note.

I continue to lecture my father on the shelter in place rules.  I'm pretty sure he continues to ignore me.  Like literally, people are making face masks out of scraps of fabric to keep people alive over here, maybe don't go to the golf course and hold off on the walk through for a minute? Sigh.

In other news, I got up early today (that's big news), and went for what turned out to be a great run.  It's been a long time since I've found myself feeling good on a run.  I was over by the river because I wanted to see the sun rise and it was amazing.

I'm trying to watch The Voice.  The commercials have finally caught up with COVID 19.  CVS Pharmacy is offering free delivery and my social work ears have perked up! 

No comments:

Post a Comment