23.3.20

COVID Diaries - Monday March 23

I woke up around 7am, did a few weights, and then went for a run.

At 8:15am I called into a huddle meeting that lasted for 45 minutes (we knew it was going to be that long).  Yes, this is my day off.  We found out about all the community drives for homemade face masks, which made all of us tear up.  (It feels like the cavalry showing up somehow.)  Pooky Bear's mom is one of the sewers in this project, so I sent her a thank you on Facebook.

At 9am, I tried to help mom make a google voice account.  You know what, this has to be it's own blog post because it was that complicated.

"Day pajamas" and "night pajamas" are now a full fledged thing.

I went to Costco.  People were running around like they'd never get food again.  Costco was out of dry pasta, toilet paper and wipes.  But they had laundry soap and liquor.  So, I got what matters.  (After buying laundry soap early last year, I was almost out.)

Only had 1 work related emergency.  Refreshingly it had nothing to do with COVID 19. Again, it's my day off.  Whatever. We'll do what we can right now.

I have done the math. A 'gallon' of Dr Bronner at Costco is roughly $35.  (2 pack of 25oz soap is $13.49, which per ounce converts up to $34.54 per gallon)   Cheapest I can find online is almost double that.

Captain Smiley and I are instituting a front porch happy hour, every evening at 5pm or so.  It's easier since I went to Costo and got him $50 of booze there (which is a lot).  No judgements, I got myself almost as much.
Update: We may move it to the back patio.  The backyard features significantly more sunshine at 5pm and is also large enough for physical distancing (which is the new social distancing).

Minnesota remains not on lock down.  It seems like only a matter of time.

A word here about the daily statistics: Mayo labs have stepped up and cleared a huge back log of tests.  So it's not that 'so many more people were tested positive today' as 'so many tests that had been sitting there for the past few days finally got results'.   Source.









No comments:

Post a Comment