16.3.20

Get in Gear - 7 Weeks to Go

Sunday planned
: Run 1 miles
Sunday actual: 1.19 miles "easy" but my heart rate was super high.  3.7 mile walk that did not bother me.
From today, I learned: Sometimes walking with friends is the best!

Monday planned: 3 miles easy
Monday actual: 1.25 miles on the treadmill, walking drills, attempted kettlebells that were aborted for a high heart rate
From today, I learned: Apparently I still do not feel well.  Sigh.

Tuesday planned: Run 1 miles, Tuesday weights
Tuesday actual: 1.22 miles in the afternoon.
From today, I learned: Heart rate is definitely starting to come down.  This is a positive sign.

Wednesday planned: Quality workout
Wednesday actual: 3 easy miles.
From today, I learned: This was not the 'quality' workout my coach intended, but I no longer feel like crap, so that's good.


Thursday planned: Run 1 miles, Thursday weights
Thursday actual:
From today, I learned:

Friday planned: 4 miles easy
Friday actual:
From today, I learned:

Saturday planned: 6 miles easy
Saturday actual:
From today, I learned:

This is also the week I called off officially training for this race.  The race hasn't been cancelled yet but I'd be surprised if it goes off as planned.
For me personally, this week has been wild.  Wild.  Dad can no longer visit Grandma at the nursing home where she lives.  I have toilet paper and slowly buying boxes of mac and cheese, ramen, etc.  Not hoarding.

I am still working and going out in the community.  Not sure how much longer that's going to last.  I cancelled an orientation that I was supposed to have on Monday at a hospital.  (You do not need one more body there right now.) I am getting daily emails from my employer, partly focusing on how we're treating patients and partly focusing on employee information like "we'll pay you for the shifts you should've worked if you have to quarantine due to a work related exposure"  I'm reassured they have thought of this stuff and have a plan. 

I'm doing my mile.  And, really, whatever else I want.
I'm using this as a "MAF reset" if you will.  Lots and lots of easy running until we know what's what in life.

No comments:

Post a Comment