20.3.23

Cincinnati 2023

 The trip started with Mom asking me to stay a second week. So, the trip started with logistics that mostly worked out.  Though sitting here writing this I realize I forgot to send in my proxy for my HOA meeting.

Week 1: 

Tuesday through Friday I worked, so I was fairly boring during the week.  A neighbor/friend of the family asked me to help her with making play lists in Apple Music.  There's two ways that could've gone and I'm happy to report it was actually a ton of fun. 

I did start using my One Pass for a gym membership in Cincinnati.  I'm not using it to it's full potential, but I have big plans for when I get to MN. 

Saturday we went to Ault Park and looked at all the magnolias.  It was lovely.  For supper, I got to see a friend for Skyline.  She has 3 boys.  I loved the chaos. 

Sunday I got a surprise trip to the Apple Store.  My neighbor that I'd helped earlier had some catastrophic failure of her iPad and she needed a new one.  I went with her mostly for company and entertainment.  In the afternoon I hung out with my Aunt and her family again.

The most useful thing I did Sunday was put Mom in different stack height shoes on her different feet.  I'd begged her just to try it walking the length of the house and see how it felt.  9 hours later... 

Monday we went to Costco. Mom and I are still friends.

Tuesday was the only day this week I worked.  This was mostly by my choice.

Wednesday - Friday I had off and generally hung out with Mom and Dad.  There's lots of good sports on. Thursday night my cousin and his family came over. We made Moon Beams.  Moon Beams with a five year old is chaos in the best way.

Saturday was my last day of the trip.  I went down to my aunts house one last time.  Several family were over and we had a nice visit.

Sunday was driving day.  I left Cincinnati around sun up.  I ran in Wisconsin, at whatever rest stop is about 70 miles from the MN border.  It was my least favorite rest stop run.  

When I got home, Captain Smiley made me supper.

I'm gonna put this here now: It's currently Sunday night, March 19.  It's all over the internet that the former president anticipates being arrested on Tuesday March 21 and he's encouraging his supporters to riot or something.  Also on the internet are the news stories indicating the grand jury is still interviewing witnesses so there hasn't been a vote to indict, so who knows.  Dad made me promise to get food on Monday and hunker down on Tuesday just in case. He's taking it seriously but to me it sounds like such a joke.

I'll come back in a few days and read this and let you know what happened next.



No comments:

Post a Comment