20.3.23

Florida 2023 - February 26 Adventure Day Part 2

We had an equally big adventure planned for today.  So again, I got up and ran first thing, then had breakfast.


Manatees: Stop one was a manatee boat ride.  This was super cool.  We saw a ton of manatees in shallow river water (not in the gulf).  We also saw alligators, bull sharks, and jumping fish.  The bull sharks were not full grown.  We did see a mom and her calf.  Our guide was actually pretty captivated by that.  He made it sound like it's super rare even for him to see that. 


Boardwalk: Next up was a half mile walk on Briggs Boardwalk  Happily, this place did not have a lot of hurricane damage and the boardwalk was open.  We saw some birds, talked to a guide, and went on our way.  (Yes, I'm wearing a buff around my neck because that was the best way to protect the sunburn from getting worse.)

After that I felt like my body was just cooking itself from the inside out.  I took a nice nap on the couch and Dungeon Master went to the pool. 

For supper, Dungeon Master felt strongly that we needed to patronize a Waffle House while we're down south.  I had an all star breakfast including grits.  The food was legit, as always.  And we had shakes for dessert. 


No comments:

Post a Comment