20.3.23

Florida 2023 - Goodbye Florida

 Saturday March 4: 

I woke up, did my run, took a shower, and did a final cleaning of the house including washing sheets and towels.  I had a wonderful time and I'm sad to go.

But...

I headed over to the Atlantic Coast to see an old friend from Zumba. I'm sure she's been on the blog before, but I've never give her or her spouse a blog name.  Zumba Friend reminded me it's been about 5 years since she moved out of Minnesota.  

I got a driving tour of her town, including the historical sites and the inns.  Then we had dinner and stayed up talking until everyone was falling asleep mid sentence on the couch.  We had a great time both catching up and getting to know each other better.

Sunday March 5

Zumba Friend took me on a walk.  My last walk in Florida for this trip.  Then it was time to hit the road.

I drove up to Clinton TN, which took roughly 10 hours.  I did my mile run in a rest stop in Georgia.  This was my favorite of all of the rest stop runs on the trip. (There were several).

Monday March 6 

I drove from Clinton up to KY and then Cincinnati.

My first stop was in Berea, KY mostly to drive down memory lane (literally).  It was also where I had my favorite run of the trip.  Because it was such a pleasant surprise. 

Next it was up to see my aunt (it was her Florida house I was in).  We hung out for the afternoon.  I told her Mom would be working and Dad would be playing golf so she was stuck with me. 

If you're keeping track, yes, I did see my aunt before Mom and Dad.  It's fine.

Next up: Cincinnati.

No comments:

Post a Comment