18.3.23

Florida 2023 - 1/30/2023

 Monday 

First full day in FL.

Wake up: I woke up at 7am exactly, because I needed to call a Toyota Dealer and see if they could give my car an oil change before the weekend.  "I don't have any appointments this week, except I have a cancellation this morning at 10:30am"  I grabbed that appointment so fast. 

Run: I did a run/walk tour of the neighborhood where I'm staying. I aimed for 3-4 miles and got to 3.5 

Oil change: This Toyota dealer is PACKED. They were able to get my car's regular maintenance. This is the first time my brakes changed from green to yellow on the inspection.  (Yellow means 'this doesn't need to be fixed today, but this repair is coming up in life')  I've most commonly seen yellow for my tires, when they near the end of their mileage. They did some service on my a/c system as well.  It needed to be flushed, or cleaned out, or something.  

It was during this service that Dungeon Master started texting me the cable guys might have the real internet fixed today.  So I did not stop at either Xfinity to talk about their mobile service, nor Verizon to get a hotspot from them, as I'd imagined I'd have to do today.

Grocery shopping, trip 1: I went to Costco.  The Costco is actually very close to where I've stayed several times with a different family member.  I foolishly was like "oh, I'll get this stuff that Dungeon Master said she likes too, and we can share it" It was a kindness, but I can see we are just going to eat seperately for breakfast and lunch.  We haven't cooked a supper yet, so we'll see how that goes. 

Internet: Glory, hallelujah.  When I got home, the local cable people were still here, working on fixing the service.  I only had to step in once when the caretaker wanted to see if our TVs were working and the cable guy was not done fixing the problem yet, but was not explaining that in a way the caretaker understood. I got the cable guy a coke and a glass of water, and he solved all my problems.  I love him too. 

Dungeon Master: Keep in mind, Dungeon Master was already working today.  Through the cable guy and the neighbor and all of that. 

Family: In the evening we headed over to see my cousin.  We took a nice walk around a pond/garden that I enjoy, and had pizza for dinner.  The Dungeon Master and my cousin made friends and we didn't leave 'till almost 11pm. It was a lot of fun.


No comments:

Post a Comment