19.3.23

Florida 2023 - 1/29/2023

Sunday: arrival day. 

Run: I woke up in Georgia and considered a treadmill run but thought better of it.  Even laps in a parking lot would be better.  I didn't have to run just in the parking lot.  Not far up the road I found a sidewalk.  I did have to run in circles, sort of. The sidewalk went for some way, but not super far, so I had to make a couple laps. 

 Drive: I did the morning drive this time and Dungeon Master did the rest.  We had a few rest stops in Florida.  Including one costume change when I realized that compression socks were absolutely ridiculous. 

Arrive and unpack: We got to the house, unpacked the car, and 'opened the place up' a bit.  We plugged some things back in, took the cover sheets off the couch, put the patio table back outside, etc. I was surprised no neighbors came to say hi right away. 

Supper: We went out.  I was emotionally unprepared to cook the food I brought, or to go to the grocery store for actual food.  I didn't know it in a real way yet, but Dungeon Master doesn't cook. She bakes. But she doesn't cook.

Internet: Want to know what kind of human you're dealing with?  Take away their internet access and see what happens.  I knew the local cable/internet service was out and needed a repair or a new wire to the house or some such thing. I'd assumed I could just hotspot off my personal cell for fun internet use, and off my work hotspot for work use.  Well. My cell carrier absolutely craps the bed for coverage down here.  Their maps swears I'm in a 5G coverage zone but I mostly have one bar of LTE service. 

Even though we're away from home, both Dungeon Master and I are working too, so I had one day to get the internet sorted out.  I spent most of the night thinking of options, and then thinking about how much they would cost.  Oooh, look at all the money flowing out of my wallet. 


 


No comments:

Post a Comment