20.3.23

Florida 2023 - February 25 Adventure Day

 Saturday was definitely an adventure day.  It was also the day my sunburn started to peel from my previous adventure day.

I woke up and got my run out of the way.

Dungeon Master and I headed over to Mom's Restaurant which is currently a food truck only.  It was our first real look at the damage from Hurricane Ian.  Even though Ian happened in late September, there's still a lot of damage that hasn't been repaired.  Close to the water there's a lot of debris.  Further inland it appears to be mostly roofs. 

Next up we headed to Sanibel Island for a tour that was almost exclusively in the car. Dungeon Master wanted to see it.  I'd guessed everything would be closed.  Some local shops were open on the Captiva side, and Starbucks is coming back on February 28. 


After Sanibel we went to the Edison Ford Winter Estates which was my suggestion.  I did tell Dungeon Master it would be hot with little to no air conditioning.  I don't think I undersold that part.  It's also amazing, and beautiful.  We did a self guided tour.  I love the grounds and the nature.  Dungeon Master loves the history, so it was good for both of us.


We made one more stop for Dungeon Master to get a souvenir. Then we got fried seafood and headed home.

No comments:

Post a Comment