4.3.20

Florida 2020

Sunday: The travel day.
Running: In Minnesota, mostly over puddles and some ice.
Activities: Cleaning the whole house.  Two loads of laundry, to go with the three I did the day before.  Taking out the trash, etc.  I finally vacuumed too.
Family: My uncle picked me up the airport and brought me home.  Everyone was still awake.
Travel: Dungeon Master took me to the airport.  Sunday afternoon is apparently a super busy time to travel and I was glad I got there early. I somehow missed getting dinner and had a bag of Cheetos instead. Watch me be an adult.

Monday: It feels so good to be hot!
Running: I woke up early.  Earlier than I’d expected.  I did a warm up and then headed out for a run.  There’s been a lot of new construction down here since I visited last.  Lots of new homes.  There were far fewer birds than I’d expected so that was too bad. Maybe I’ll look again tomorrow?
Activities: We went to Costco and I am attempting to introduce my family to fizzy water.  It’s going to be a slow process. Otherwise, we are mostly sitting outside and talking.  And reading.  And talking.  I did one crossword puzzle and helped my aunt with a puzzle.
Family: Got to see who I now need to call Green Cracker aunt, in addition to the family where I am.

Tuesday: The day I found a hole in my gums.
Running: Well, I found a hole in my gums right before I went out for a run.  So this was panic attack prevention as much as anything else. I ran my mile, and then did a 1:00 run, 2:00 walk until I got home.  It was a little over 3 miles.
Walking: I asked Aunt to take a bonus walk with me.  She said there’s a place where the flowers have signs.  The palm varieties do as well.  It’s really pretty.  And hot!
Activities: Other than running and walking I didn’t leave the house.  I called my dentist and got referred to a periodontist.  I have that visit when I get home.  I had to call work to get half a day off right when I get back.  Then I called Dad and was all “you don’t have to keep this from mom, but I don’t want her calling me asking me 100 questions either, she’ll just make me nervous”.  He groaned but did not object. Once the dental issues were addressed, there was pool swimming, reading, and iPad playing games. In the evening we watched The Voice and started another puzzle with my aunt.
Family: Just the folks in the house where I’m staying.  And Dad was able to give everyone the Grandma report.

Wednesday: Don’t worry.  Weather Channel says it’s not going to rain.
Running: This is when I got nailed by the rain.  But I also got to chase an egret around a pond for a while, so that was good.
Activities: I sat in the same chair by the pool for a long time.  And then switched to a different one and sat some more.  I did my iPad (favorite games are Toon Blast, Soda Crush, and Candy Crush Friends.  Aunts favorite game is Word Cookies which I also play a lot. I read more of my book too.  Later an aunt and I finished one puzzle and started another.
Family: Today my New York/Kentucky cousin flew in.  He’s helping Aunt pack up that house and they’ll drive back to Kentucky on Friday.  It’s good to see him. 

Thursday: Food adventure day!
Running: Quality workout was today.  I did not do it perfectly, but I gave it a try. Apparently I’m getting faster and slower.  Sigh.
Activities: I did puzzles.  And then hung out with a cousin for a while.  We got caught up on all kinds of news, so that was wonderful.  Then Cousin and I had a food adventure.  We had octopus, ceviche, and tacos.  It tasted like a good memory.
Family: Cousin and one aunt are heading north tomorrow so I hung out with them for a while.  I did actually leave the house today besides for running.

Friday: “Let’s go to Wal Mart”
Running: I did a short run today.  I saw a green heron and an egret.
Activities: One aunt is going home tomorrow.  She wanted one more puzzle while she’s here and hand sanitizer for the trip home.  We went to Wally World. They are straight up out of hand sanitizer, baby wipes, etc, in anything other than gigantic size.  It was hilarious.
Family: Cousin and one aunt hit the road today so we did not see them.  This is another aunt’s last full day here.  We had a fairly mellow day packing, reading, napping, etc.

Saturday: “Where’s the last piece?”
Running: I did a long run but I did not add speed work.  I tripped twice.  Once on each leg.  Neither were as bad as the trip I had on Thursday’s run.
Activities: There was a lot of sitting outside and reading, followed by sitting inside and reading.  We went shopping too.  I got some deals at Nike and Adidas.  In the evening, an Aunt and I finished a puzzle, except one piece is just missing.
Family: Another Aunt hit the road, this one back to mess with Texas. Apparently the trip home was significantly less exciting than the trip here which involved three inches of Texas snow.

Sunday: Sunset day!
Running: I woke up at 7am and it was 47*.  This would be a good time to mention I only brought shorts and tanks for running.  So I went back to sleep until 10am.  I ran my mile.
Activities: There was more sitting outside.  I finished a book.  I was unhappy with the ending, but I know why it had to be that way. We went to a burger joint for a late lunch.  My request was to go to Barefoot Beach and watch the sunset.  That’s a thing we’ve done in the past that I’ve enjoyed.  Today was great weather and we had a nice time.
Family: It’s down to the aunt and uncle who are hosting and myself.  Aunt is taking good care of me. (Uncle is too.)

Monday: Final day in paradise.
Running: I went for a pretty long run this morning.  Not quite six miles but it was over 5 miles.
Activities: There was a lot of soaking up the sun, and one walk.  I also did laundry in acknowledgement that I will need to pack and have clean clothes. Sigh.
Family: Aunt made me pasta for supper which was a special request of mine. We miss the dog.

Tuesday: Travel day.
Running: I ran a couple miles in the morning, in the sun, and then did leg exercises.  The leg that I really tripped badly is still jacked up.
Activities: I got a thank you post card ready for aunt and uncle. Once I got home, I voted in the presidential primaries.  I missed the caucuses while I was away.  I also unpacked my suitcase, so that's a win.
Family: Just Aunt and Uncle for breakfast before heading home. 

No comments:

Post a Comment