25.3.20

COVID Diaries - Mom and Google Voice. Lesson 2

This one was actually significantly less dramatic than lesson 1.

Mom wanted me to be her test subject for a WebEx meeting.  She sent me a link.  I logged in from my work computer (which is sometimes so secure it's a pain in the ass), and also from my home computer (which is a different OS). 

We chatted.

Mom practiced sharing her screen.  She's getting much faster here.

I had Mom go to SpeedTest so she could see how fast her internet is.  And then I showed her how fast mine is. 2MB to 80MB, and mine was having a slow day.

Then she started asking me questions about Google Voice.  If you've never used it, there's a moment in the app where you're convinced you're calling some super crazy phone number...  Once you get used to it, everything's fine.

Great, we're on a video chat.  I'll hold my phone up here by the camera for you to see what I'm doing.

Followed by "are you sure I don't get charged long distance for those calls?" 

It was a few minutes later that we were looking through her call log on the phone (not the app).  And she called... well I didn't know who because she was laughing too hard.  Turns out to have been Dad.  And then I was laughing too hard.  So.  Day 2 ends the same as day 1.  

No comments:

Post a Comment