17.5.20

COVID Diaries - Sunday May 17

Well, I had some crazy dreams last night.  One involved being back on Semester at Sea in some capacity that I don't really remember.  A lot of my dreams have also involved adventure stories, like long drawn out... so many layers. 

I woke up around 9am and had first breakfast.  First breakfast obviously did not involve coffee because some time later I feel back asleep 'till 1pm.

I spent a significant portion of the afternoon awake. Surprise right? Eventually I decided the rain would never stop and prepared to get while and wind blown while running.  I did a 30 mins resistance band workout and then ran my mile, which turned out to be almost 2 miles, so all is well.

At this point, I hit my productivity stride.  I washed/dried my sheets, washed/hung up my running clothes, and tidied up the guest bedroom.  The guest bedroom had been calling out for assistance for a while now. 

Next up, I reheated (pan-fried) the flank steak Captain Smiley grilled for me last Friday.  I had supper while talking to Mom and Dad who were also having their supper. I love flank steak.  Is it weird that's my favorite cut of steak?  I mean, if someone wants to make me a filet Mignon correctly, or grill a rib eye to perfection, I'm down.  But in generally, I'll stick with the flank steak.

I got wise today and put my "work cell" (it's really a google voice number) on Do Not Disturb for tomorrow.  Because people always wake me up at 8am on Monday with phone calls.  On my day off. So, personal responsibility, because it's not their day off right?  I'll let you know if I remember to take DND off for Tuesday.

No comments:

Post a Comment