26.5.20

COVID Diaries - May 26

Take care of my body: I ran (ran/walked) 4.7 miles and did the Deck of Cards workout.
Take care of my heart/mind: I made Spaghetti Carbonara.  'Nuff said?
Take care of my living space: In addition to the Carbonara, I emptied the dishwasher, which means it's highly likely the thing will get loaded again before bed.
Take care of work or economic security: I did work.  I did not shop.
A clipping or link from the news: Once again, I'm going with the daily update.  A jump in ICU patients?  Not good.  But currently it's taking 16 days for our cases to double.  Apparently we always want that number to be more than 7 days.
Things I tried to buy that are out of stock, or things that are now being advertised or sold that are new: Kettlebells are still out of stock y'all.
Picture from the day:
Taken along the river during one of the 'walking' parts of my run.
I am thankful for: I'm going to talk more about the Deck of Cards workout.  It's such an example of how little efforts over and over equal something big.
I found myself wanting something where I could do a few reps here, a little bit there, lift a weight while I'm waiting on hold, etc.  Because I was kind of doing that anyways with my bands.  And (keeping it real) if I exercise this way, I don't get so sweaty and gross that I have to take a second shower and change clothes again at the end of the day.
Basics:  Every suit = an exercise.  The card I draw is the number of reps I do.  There's several variations on face cards and jokers.  Currently I've pulled all the face cards and jokers.
My 'exercises' vary by day, but the themes are the same.
Spaces: Legs, mostly squats or a variation thereof.
Clubs: Arm press.  Overhead press, paloff press, whatever.  Weights, banded, whatever.
Hearts: Arms pull.  I've done face pulls and rows so far.
Diamonds: Hip hinge.  Have I told you how much I love dead lifts?
So today, I'd just do a few cards here and there, throughout the day.  After my run I did several to finish off the deck.  I'm looking forward to doing this every day, or most days of the week, depending on how sore I get.  If I make it most days of the week, I may start adding face cards in, one by one, to up the reps.

No comments:

Post a Comment