27.5.20

COVID Diaries - May 27: A whole new reason for my heart to break

Take care of my body: I woke up this morning and tried a new 5 mile loop.  I have some tweaking to do. I also did a deck of cards workout.
Take care of my heart/mind: Dungeon Master came by at the end of the day.  We distance-visited.  It made my heart happy.
Take care of my living space: I talked to my plants.  A lot.  I planed a false indigo I got from a friend, and then continued my war against creeper and grass seeds in my garden.
Take care of work or economic security: I had the most beautiful day at work (which doesn't make up for the next thing, but it helps).  A while ago in my job I got to meet one of the most wonderful people ever. And that person crossed my path again today.  It made my life.
A clipping or link from the news: I generally try hard to avoid posting anything that would indicate my political views, and also stay away from controversy, for my own reasons.
But currently, my heart is breaking.  This is my old neighborhood, where I lived from 2002-2019.  I know all the corners, all the intersections, all the businesses. This is awful.  The looting of businesses is eerily familiar to the race riots in Cincinnati that I also experienced. (I didn't have a blog then.)  It all starts with looting. 
Things I tried to buy that are out of stock, or things that are now being advertised or sold that are new: The bidet commercials continue.
Picture from the day:  I'd like to tell you about the baby snapping turtle I met on my run.  It's to tiny!
I am thankful for: Y'all, Mom cut Dad's hair today.  The pics are unreal.  At first I thought I was looking at Uncle Dave. (I mean that in the best way possible.)

No comments:

Post a Comment