14.5.20

COVID Diaries - May 14

Today was ultimately a nice day.  With two naps.

I woke up around 7am and headed out for a run.  I finished up the run calling into the safety meeting for work, which has been a nice cool down in the past. (I don't talk on this call, I just listen.)

I worked for a little while and then had breakfast and technically my first nap of the day (though in real life I'd never do that 'during' work). Working from home, I really seem to hit my stride much later in the day, going super productive with calls, etc in the afternoon.  This is the complete opposite of my old routine where I'd do visits in the morning and then collapse on my couch in the afternoon.

So, starting at 11am, I had several planned calls.  Some were okay, some were hilarious.  And I worked productively the rest of the day, until my second nap.

After second nap, I attempted to Zumba, and I made it about 20 mins in the class.  Mom was on zoom too, so I didn't want to leave but there were internet issues and sound issues and my heart wasn't in it.  I wound up doing my weights routine.  One of my most favorite Zumba songs played towards the end of my weights routine, so I paused weights and dance with everyone for that one as well. 

In the last miracle of the evening, I loaded my dishwasher, which I really did not think was going to happen.

I am starting to think about Loony Challenge.  "Think about" means "I want to be mildly prepared if these races actually happen, but I am not going to stress about times, or paces.  I don't need more stress now." My next activity there is to write up a 'training' plan.  I will use my old method of increasing weekly mileage and weekly long runs slowly and deliberately.  I am feeling so much better now, that I'm hoping I can just spend all summer falling in love with running again.

No comments:

Post a Comment