15.5.20

COVID Diaries - Friday May 15

I woke up this morning.  Slowly.  Very very slowly.  But not in a grumpy way.

8am - I was scheduled to lead a training for one person, for two hours.  I'd very quickly decided I would not do the normal training speech.  This colleague will be in a sister department to my own, and I think they're lucky to have her.  Best moment of training was about 3 minutes in when I was all "that was me pouring coffee into a mug, sorry if it sounded like something else". 

A while later, I had what I'm referring to as an "adventure day".  I am not currently allowed to have face to face contact, or be in homes with people.  But sometimes, y'all, I need to put my hands on paperwork. "You have a medical bill for $500,000?!? That's not right.  Please don't pay it."  And sometimes I just need to drop things off.  "I will help you with a health care directive over the phone, but here's the actual form you need."  (So, no one really had a medical bill that high, but you get the idea right?).  I stopped at a couple houses and worked out logistics of either fetching paperwork or leaving paperwork without any contact or risk. (Y'all, I don't want to take anyone down right?  I'm taking this seriously.)

I may have had a bonus shopping trip to Costco because it was on my way home.  So, if you need toilet paper, Friday around 11am is a fantastic time to go, as long as you're not fussy about the brands.  I also got my one steak and one pork item.  Technically, I could've gotten a third meat item, but my 15lb pork shoulder seemed like enough?

If I did not have a bonus shopping trip, I definitely did have a 1 mile run in the middle of the day.  I am still over here falling in love with running all over again and it is amazing. 

After my lunch/run break, I worked for a while.  I tried to work on my patio, but even in the 67* sunshine, it was way too hot.  I finally took my chair over to the shade, even if it looked super odd having a chair randomly on a sidewalk.

At the end of the day, I went outside and talked to all of my plants.  I am currently waging a war against creeping charlie, and apparently against grass seeds blowing into my garden as well. Or some other weed.  Something is a freaking mess in there.  So, I got my trowel and tried to find all the roots and seeds I could.  And tried to avoid earthworms as much as possible.  Y'all do you're thing and thank you for your time.  I also got my lavender and pansies in the ground.  I love pansies so hard. If anyone ever called me a pansy, it'd be such a compliment.

After calling a couple times, I was finally like "I wonder if Captain Smiley's phone is on silent" so I rang his doorbell.  He was working.  Late.  On a Friday.  We negotiated a time for grilling and all was well.  Then I spent basically all night on his patio, learning about cantilevered umbrellas, grills, and the like.  Also, we had flank steak and it was heavenly. I taught him that we sear steak like there's no tomorrow.  Leave the heat on high. 

No comments:

Post a Comment