20.2.18

Tuesdays on the Run - Dark Side of Running

Tuesdays on the Run asks What are your least favorite parts of running?

At first I blew by this one.  I was all 'Running is ultimately a gift and a great thing.  And then I was all...

The laundry is out of control.  I always think 'if I was a professional athlete I'd pay for help doing my laundry'  I look at how Kara Goucher trains and all these other stellar athletes who work out multiple times per day.  They must have a maid to help with the laundry right?  It's basically a second outfit every single day.  The laundry literally doubles.

As a close second: Running in dirty clothes.  Mostly on 1 mile days, I'm all "I can't get a whole outfit gross for 15 minutes of work, I'll wear something again' And while it makes sense and I keep doing it, totally not my favorite thing.  The other time this happens is traveling when I've packing limits the number of running outfits available.

I agree with the original post on the lotteries issue as well.  There's definitely been some races I'd love to do but am discouraged from registering because the lotteries seem like a racket.

No comments:

Post a Comment