21.6.20

COVID Diaries - I had a dental procedure during COVID

June 17 - I had a dental procedure to fix receding gums.  Did it work?  I have no freaking idea.
Captain Smiley took me over to the clinic in the morning, and then around lunch time he came back and took my stoned ass home.  Halcyon turns out to be a lovely drug.  It made me sleep through whatever was happening, so that was good.  Slept most of the rest of the day too.

June 18 - Well my mouth hurts a lot freaking more than I expected.  The teeth that got covered with the new gum graft are like "don't touch me".  It really hurt.  I ate soup.  Really anything that I could get into my body without opening my mouth too wide or chewing. 

June 19 - I wound up calling in to work on this day as well.  It wasn't that my mouth straight up hurt, but it was so uncomfortable.  I knew I couldn't, like, concentrate on work for 8 hours.  I listened to a lot of the Percy Jackson books so far here.

June 20 - My mouth is feeling, like, significantly better.  Like, I may survive.  There's still every once in a while a "well you bit down in the wrong place" pain, but, a lot better.  I've added goetta and eggs back into my diet, and some rice.

June 21 - Happy Birthday to me.  (And Happy Father's Day!)  Olive came over and helped me construct a shade sail for my patio. This might be better described as a shade wall.  That west facing sun is brutal this time of year.  Though, hilariously, it's super cloudy today so I can't tell how well it'll work. This was a two-trip (hardware store trip) project.  I thought for sure it'd take 3 or more.  Captain Smiley came over for a visit, as did Dungeon Master.  So, not super festive, but super productive.  It felt great to build something from scratch.

No comments:

Post a Comment