23.6.20

COVID Diaries - COVID Dreams are real

Ok; how's this one for a dream.
Setting: At somehow a combination of the Science Museum (where I worked) and the Playhouse in the Park.
Characters: Bonnie Raitt (who was no taller than me in my dream), ABBA (yes, that ABBA), Mom, Dad, Marge, and literally the cast of this play.
Plot: I was working, or reviewing my work at the Science Museum, watching videos of old projects I'd done with the kids.  (This is sweet.)  And I'm hearing on the news about Bonnie Raitt being in town for a concert, and unrelated, ABBA was also in town, and they may do a surprise drop in at the play later that night.  Lovely.
And soon it's about time for the play.  I'm around the bar/snack area when in runs Bonnie Raitt in a speed suit (I kid you not), grabs whatever she needs from the bar, signs an autograph, and then just says hello and start talking to me.  I had no pen, nor paper, so she took a picture with me.  I tried to tell her that we had an actual album of hers, but the words did not come out.
So, somehow I'm star struck enough that I didn't go in to the start of the play, so I missed Bonnie's surprise number with the cast and I was 100% not disappointed.
They let me in after the first number (this is SOP for plays, there's one late seating).  What's not SOP is I couldn't find my seat and it was all "just go anywhere, it's fine"
Also, I had a race medal around my neck that kept making noise (like a buzzer or kids toy) anytime I touched it.  And I accumulated other boxes and drawings, etc over the course of the show. But what was most frustrating was everyone just kept moving around.  Like "Oh, I'll try this seat now".  So, sometimes I'd sit down and my new row mates would be friendly but.. One entitled white dude was like "Go back to your own seat" and I was all "my Dad is sitting in my seat, I can't tell him to move"  Between coming in late and moving seats in between skits and songs, I didn't have a program, or a 'bonus program' that turned everyone's hands red?
This play was like, the cast does a skit and then sings a song and then the set goes dark, and then some cast members come in the audience to distract you for a while, and then the next set is up...  Apparently this happened in my dream 8 or 9 of the 11 times it was scheduled to before... I don't know.  I got fed up.  ABBA did join them for one of the songs in the middle.  I was one of the only audience members who knew all these extra singers were ABBA at the start of their song.
There was an extra long brake between one of the sets because an actor fell back stage?
Also, at the end, someone from MTV was waiting around in the wings to give an award to Bonnie Raitt but mercifully I woke up before that.  It was a really bad play.


No comments:

Post a Comment