8.6.20

COVID Diaries - June 1

Today, I had dreams of grandure. I did not get up at 6:30am and run whatever dumb distance I thought I'd do.  Instead I slept 'till 9am and ran just over 4 miles, but it was hilly, and a lot of fun, so there's there.

I came back and slaved away cooked brunch.  Goetta was included.

In the afternoon, Dad and I headed down to the farm, which is one of my most favorite places on earth. We took a walk, saw some things, and hung out.  We saw lots and lots of birds.  I tried to explain a yellow bellied sap sucker. It does still sound more like an insult than a bird species, but, whatever.

For supper, Mom made broccoli soup and I made meat for Dad and I to add to the soup.

In the evening, we had a Skype call with a high school friend of Mom's who also happens to be one of the smartest human beings I've ever met.

And now I'm doing laundry.

Apparently last night there were some fires up in my neck of the woods.  I think it spared a beloved restaurant but nailed a barber shop, mailbox store, and another small business.  Like, wtf, people in my neighborhood wouldn't have torched that stuff.   Our main library was nailed too. Every time I turn around, there's more destruction.

Part of me is glad I'm away, and part of me wants to be back, now that there's a clear path to help.  It's very confusing.

No comments:

Post a Comment