9.6.20

COVID Diaries - June 9

Take care of my body: I ran this morning.  It's hot y'all.  I also did a modified deck of cards work out that was harder than I expected.  I normally do push, pull, press, hinge separately.  Today I did squat thrusts (leg push + overhead press) and deadlift + shoulder raise (hinge + pull).  Squat thrusts, wowsers.
Take care of my heart/mind: After work happy hour with colleagues, including one who recently left our department for a new department at our company (on great terms for all of us).
Take care of my living space: My hydrangea is going to flower this year.  Y'all, I am so happy.  I nursed this poor thing all last summer, and talked to it, and fed it coffee (for reals), and it made no flowers.  So, this is wonderful.
Take care of work or economic security: I worked. 
A clipping or link from the news: Not COVID 19 related but putting this here because the Broken Earth series is one of my favorites, and my 9th grade English teacher is also a black female author who is crazy smart.
Things I tried to buy that are out of stock, or things that are now being advertised or sold that are new: I now have 5lb weights from Play It Again sports.  $0.80/lb.  It's better than the 3lb weights I had before.
Picture from the day: Ok; I legit did not take one?
I am thankful for: Captain Smiley got me a new yard sign.  Our neighbor thanked us as we were putting them up.  I love my neighborhood.

No comments:

Post a Comment