8.6.20

COVID Diaries - I am so far behind

I kind of hit the point where I had to stop journaling.  Now, I'm catching up.

June 2 (Tuesday) - I ran for a very very long distance (for me).  I worked from my car in the morning, and then from Mom and Dad's basement in the afternoon.  I can't remember what we had for supper, but I'm fairly sure I made it.

June 3 (Wednesday) -  I ran a more normal distance for me. And then I mostly worked.  Dad and I also went to Spectrum to get better internet. I was pleasantly surprised but their customer service.  Even when they were all "your lines are so old we need to reactivate them"  Okay.

June 4 (Thursday) - This was an even shorter run.  I think it was slightly hotter than the surface of the sun with 10,000% humidity, so I did my best.  And then I worked.  In the evening, the Spectrum cable guy practically moved in with us.  He wasn't bad, but he was sooooo sloooow.  Mom and Dad and I finally ate at like 8:30pm after he finished reactivating (and reinstalling) the lines.  Bonus though was that Mom and I had a lovely time sitting outside and visiting with the neighbors.

June 5 (Friday) - I worked again. In the basement.  It's hilarious. I look like I'm in a cave. Also, the 10,000% humidity remains, and is no joke. For reasons passing all human understanding, Mom wanted to take a walk in the hottest part of the day.  I love you.   So, we did the thing.

June 6 (Saturday) - Hang on, because the humidity should be soooo much better tomorrow.  In the evening, I headed down to see some of my most favorite people in the world (and in Kentucky).  These were mostly socially distant outside visits, but did include one small inside visit as well.  My first in months (not counting Captain Smiley who is my quarantine partner).   PS - when I got home, Mom started having a panic attack. (No judgements, just noting it.)

June 7 (Sunday) - I got up at the crack of dawn for another long run.  After I got home, Mom panic attack continued in spectacular proportions.  (Again, no judgement, but not ignoring it either.)  I spent the morning traipsing around Long Branch Farm and checking out Blue Herons.  Mom was convinced I was going to contaminate everyone and everything I touched, which is why she was so upset.  I had bonus Chinese food for lunch (whist I was pretending I wasn't riding in cars with other people, closer than 6 feet), and then played with my cousins super adorable toddler.  I had a birthday supper with Mom and Dad (where we pretended there were no panic attacks earlier in the day, talk about healthy), and then packed up.

June 8 (Monday) - Early, short run, Cincinnati time.  And then, all of the driving.  Lots of audio book listening. I'm almost done with Pandemic which is an oddly prescient book for the times.  When I got home, I said several prayers to the a/c gods because it was like 100* in Minneapolis (sadly, not an exaggeration). I watered my plants, cleaned my living areas, and unpacked my suitcase.  Then I tried to cut my hair.  This continues to be an exploit that will take multiple attempts I think.  ,

No comments:

Post a Comment