11.2.18

VDay 5K - One Week To Go/Race Week

IWeekly Miles Planned: 25?  I was realizing I need to taper this week, at least with the weight lifting.
Actual: About 20, and I'm okay with it.  2 sessions of weights instead of 3.

Proprioceptive cue: Butt Squeeze
Core conditioning exercises: Two Rounds: Single Leg Squat x10 each leg; Side plank x20 secs each side; Lying Draw-in with hip flexion x10 each side; Bird dog, hold 10 secs, x5 each side. One Round: Lying hip abduction x12 on each side; Cook Hip Lift, hold 5 secs x5 each leg; Knee fall out x12 each leg; Overhead draw in, hold 5 secs x5
Drills: Running No Arms; High Knees; One Leg Hops  These are two of my least favorite drills btw

Sunday Planned: 4-6 Miles at MAF, Sunday Kettlebell Workout
Actual: I am captain grumpy pants.  I'm cool with it though.  1.16 miles run, Kettlebell workout mostly done.  I got hot during the last exercise so I cut out a couple sets.  Like, uncomfortable hot.  Walked a couple literal cool down laps on the track and called it good.

Monday Planned: 4-6 Miles at MAF, drills, core conditioning exercises
Actual: 4.5 miles at Lake Nokomis.  Drills at the end of the run except I did 'bounding' instead of one leg hops.  One leg hops on an icy sidewalk were not my jam.  Core conditioning in the evening.

Tuesday Planned: 4-6 Miles at MAF, Lift Weights
Actual: 3.5 miles on the track, Tuesday weight lifting.  (2x25lbs for squats; 2x10lbs for bench press, 2x12.5lbs for barbell row, all with big bar)

Wednesday Planned: 1 Mile Run, drills, core conditioning exercises
Actual: 4.42 miles at Lake Nokomis with drills at the end.  I am now laying on the couch partially dead and core conditioning seems unlikely.

Thursday Planned:2-4 Miles at MAF, Lift Weights
Actual: The tired monster attacked again. 1.2 miles of running outsidie

Friday Planned: 1 Mile Run, drills, core conditioning exercises
Actual: 1.2 miles outside, with some sprints during the run to help me feel excited for tomorrow.
Saturday Planned: RACE!
Actual: RACE!

No comments:

Post a Comment