1.10.17

Whole30 Day 28

Pre workout and post workout meals: I am surprised to report I had both.  Hard boiled egg before running in the rain.  Smoothie of banana, cashew butter, almond milk, and a bit of cocoa powder after the run.
Breakfast: Pea pods, bacon, eggs.  Coffee!
Lunch: Apple and cashew butter. 
Snacks: None
Supper: kale, sauteed mushrooms, steak, artichoke with butter
Exercise: Run 7 miles in the morning.
Shopping: Yes, went to Mississippi Market in St Paul.
Cooking: Oh yes, all of the cooking.
  • Chopped veggies for lunches (red bell pepper, dragon beans)
  • Chopped fruit for lunches (cantaloupe, strawberries)
  • Almond milk and dehydrated the almond meal (tried to broil it because I fail at using my toaster oven)
  • Chia seed pudding, 3 servings for breakfasts this week
  • Chopped salami for lunches (that's my 'plated fat')
  • Marinated and then broiled a Flank Steak for lunches (lunch this week is going to be good right?)
  • Hard boiled eggs 
  • Trying this marinated onions recipe for supper tomorrow night with Qat Lady and My Pooky Bear.  Even though My Pooky Bear doesn't like onions.  
Thoughts: One of the themes of my days off is 'Liz just doesn't eat a big lunch, or sometimes any lunch at all'.  Today breakfast (the real meal, not the smoothie) was around 11:30am.
#2 - Since I search the internet for this every freaking time:  Broil the flank steak 6-8 minutes per side for medium rare.
 #3 - Since I search the internet for this every freaking time too.
Flank Steak Marinade
  • 1 part oil
  • 1 part acid (today was white wine vinegar, but red wine vinegar, balsalmic, or lime juice are also fine)
  • 1-3 cloves of garlic
  • Salt and pepper to taste 
.

No comments:

Post a Comment