1.4.19

Saturday Long Run: Here I am at the River. Again.

Plan: 17 miles, don't look at the watch.
Actual Mileage: 17.01 miles. 
Route: I actually started at home for this one.  The sidewalks have cleared enough for me not to have to worry about ice.
By Lake Hiawatha
Along the creek
Run the Ford/Franklin loop along the river
Run just a little extra distance on the St Paul side to make the mileage work. 
Run back along the creek
See Lake Hiawatha again
Go home.
Weather: The weather sucked.  Actually, it truly blew.
It was around 30* and 20mph winds out of the north, west, really they felt like they were coming from every direction.  I told my coach that I thought the wind was trying to knock me down.  I embraced my inner Des Linden trying to get through this.
Wardrobe:
Shoes: I wore my Prios.  Though I love them I've come to the conclusion they should not be my race day shoes.  Sigh.
Pants: Nike sweat pants
Top: Short sleeve shirt, jacket
Other: Nathan running vest, ball cap.
I was hot when running on the St Paul side of the river heading south.  Any time I was heading north or west, I was cold and wished I'd had long sleeves on under the jacket.
Execution: I mean, it's done?  I listened to Becoming again on this run.  I'm now to where the family has moved to DC and President Obama is being inaugurated.  It was good I had this book to distract me.
Dungeon Master called me at the end of the run as I was cooling down and agreed to come fetch me and take me to food.  Thank you!
Nutrition: Apparently, there's work still to do here.  I think I need to carry salt tabs, and you know, take them.  I had half a salted avocado before I left, and one gummy chew every few miles.  I drank water whenever I wanted.
From today, I learned: These shoes are not made for the marathon.  Sigh.
Bonus: Well, I'm starting to freak out and have bad thoughts about how slow I run and how race day will go. That's not really a bonus but I want to be honest that it's happening.

No comments:

Post a Comment