1.4.19

Quality Miles Monday

Plan:  As written it was:
Warm up: 2 miles
Tempo: 6x 1/2 mile 10:30-10:45mile; 3:00 recovery
Cool down: 1 miles
Actual Mileage: 7.06 miles
Route: Lakes Hiawatha and Nokomis. 
Weather: 32* and a bit of wind.  Not enough wind to cause trouble but definitely enough to make me cold.
Wardrobe: Did I ever tell you how much I love these pink pants?
Execution: I failed at reading the directions.  Again. So I had the paces in my watch programmed incorrectly.
Warm up 1.54 miles (this I did on purpose because of terrain and logistics)
Lap 1: 11:04/mile, up that hill by Lake Hiawatha
Lap 2: 10:53/mile
Lap 3: 10:39/mile so this was okay for the actual correct pace
Lap 4: 10:57/mile
Lap 5: 10:54/mile
Lap 6: 10:16/mile this was too fast, but I was ready to be done
Cool down: 1.54 miles 
From today, I learned: I mean, I'd say "read the directions right" but I said that last week and failed again.  I was thinking I liked this workout a lot more than this workout which was about the same distance.  Maybe I liked it better because I was slower?
Bonus: As I was running, I was all I wonder if I could do abs every day this month?  So, I'm giving that a try.  I'm also re-starting W30 + dairy.   I tried low carb in January and my diet fell apart as my mental health fell apart in February.  This is me, climbing back on the wagon.

No comments:

Post a Comment