21.4.19

Marshmallow Training - 3 Weeks To Go

Sunday Planned: Long run, 20 miles
Sunday actual: 20.95 miles in the books, bonus abs.
From today, I learned: It really helped to know Olive was at the end waiting for me with a fizzy water.  Also, my first attempt at run/walk intervals, so I get to learn how my watch handles those.

Monday Planned: "Recovery run" of 8 miles.  This doesn't sound like recovering to me.
Monday actual: True story: My coach emailed me Sunday night and said 'I changed your Monday mileage, 8 was way too much'  So I ran 4.6 miles around Lake Nokomis instead and did bonus abs this evening.  I had a super slow cool down because I was taking pictures.  (It was such a pretty day.)  This is one of my favorites.
From today, I learned: It was a gorgeous day for a run.  I'm glad I got up and got it done so I could enjoy Boston.

Tuesday Planned: Run 1 miles
Tuesday actual: 1.21 miles, bonus abs
From today, I learned: Running was a 'get up and get it done' thing.  Good as always.  Abs were a 'you can't go to bed until this happens' thing.

Wednesday Planned: Tempo workout; Wednesday weights
Wednesday actual: No weights; I haven't been doing those since my excellent week of mental health last week. And for the taper my coach wanted me to back off anyway.
Tempo workout: done
Bonus abs: also done
From today, I learned: This workout is hard, but it's harder in my head than it is to run it.

Thursday Planned: Run 1 miles
Thursday actual: 1.2 miles in the morning, bonus abs
From today, I learned: This was a loooong day for other reasons so I'm glad I got this day

Friday Planned: Run 1 miles, Friday weights
Friday actual: Run 5.3 miles instead of doing it tomorrow, bonus abs
From today, I learned: Black shorts in the sun are very hot; maybe that's something to think about for race day?

Saturday Planned: Run 6 miles (Maybe this gets swapped with Monday?)
Saturday actual: 12.13 miles, long run.  This is for tomorrow when apparently it may rain. Bonus abs at the end of the run, outside, because I just wanted everything done.
From today, I learned: Think of a strategy for managing heat on race day.  Because I'll probably need it!

No comments:

Post a Comment