14.4.19

Marshmallow Training - 4 Weeks To Go

Sunday Planned: Run 1 mile
Sunday actual: 1.2 miles, bonus abs
From today, I learned: Testing out the Brooks Launch shoes.

Monday Planned: Tempo run, Monday Weights, Monday Abs
Monday actual: Tempo run completed; Monday Abs done; weights not done because I'm working today
From today, I learned: Tempo runs are starting to feel easier.  Not sure if easier in my mind or my body or both.

Tuesday Planned: Run 1 miles, or maybe do Wednesday workout?
Tuesday actual: Wednesday run is done today, with bonus abs.  Leaving the weights for tomorrow
From today, I learned: Glad I looked at the weather.  It was a nice day today, if a bit windy.

Wednesday Planned: Run 8 miles, Wednesday weights
Wednesday actual: 1 miles outside in the snow.  No weights
From today, I learned: The 'rain' we were supposed to get today came as snow, so I went straight home instead of stopping at the gym.  Glad I listened to my instincts.

Thursday Planned: Run 1 miles
Thursday actual: 1 miles outside in the wind.
From today, I learned: The wind was worse sitting on my couch hearing it than it was running in it.

Friday Planned: Run 7 miles and Friday weights, or Run 1 miles and Friday weights
Friday actual: Run 1 miles in the snow
From today, I learned: I had a big disappointment today (I'm fine, just hoped for something that turned out not to happen), so I spent my run thinking of all the things and people I have in my life that make me grateful, and also telling God that I trust that something wonderful will happen, and it will be perfect, and it's also perfect that it hasn't happened yet (even though I was bummed).

Saturday Planned: Run 7 miles or Run 20 miles Depending on what happened Friday
Saturday actual: Run 4.15 miles in the morning.
From today, I learned: I'd been kind of destroyed between the snow and the emotional roller coaster of the week, so I didn't have the energy for 7.  I ran into a friend just before the end of the run so it was nice to catch up with her.

No comments:

Post a Comment