29.4.19

Sunday Long Run - Tapering around Lake Harriet

Plan: Run 9 miles.  Test the shoe/sock combination
Actual Mileage: 9.4 miles
Route: Normally this would be my 40th/Harriet/Creek route.  But the pedestrian bridge at 40th (over 35w) is down and won't be replaced for another year.  So, it's my 38th/Harriet/Creek route this time.  We'll see what Strava makes of that!
Weather: 36* when I started, just above 40 when I finished.  Humidity but no wind.

Wardrobe:
Feet: Altras.  I've just decided I have to wear them on race day because nothing else is quite right.  I love the red shoes, but there a touch narrow for such a long race.  I wore my smart wool socks with them, and that did find. That was the last piece of wardrobe testing I needed to do.
Other: I wore my "R2D2" suit from Ink N Burn.  They call it a robot or something I'm sure because of copy right. 
Execution: Went out, had fun, shoes and socks worked fine.  I did run the 'hill route' on the way back, through Tangle town.
Nutrition: Hahahaha.  No. 
From today, I learned: I kept telling myself this was just about having fun.  I cannot 'add fitness' at this point in training.
Bonus: Got up close and personal with a Blue Heron.

No comments:

Post a Comment