18.4.19

Quality Miles Monday Wednesday

Plan: Same as this torture session.
1 mile w/u
4x: 0.5 miles at 10:30 pace, 0.5 miles at 12:00 pace
1 mile c/d
Actual Mileage: 6 miles
Route: Actually had to do this one on the track too, which was not my first choice.  It was to rainy and "weathery" outside. 
Execution:
1 mile warm up: done
0.5 miles at 10:26/mile; 0.5 miles at 12:18/mile
0.5 miles at 10:18/mile; 0.5 miles at 12:08/mile
0.5 miles at10:23/mile; 0.5 miles at 12:24/mile
0.5 miles at 10:26/mile; 0.5 miles at 12:46/mile
1 miles cool down: also done
From today, I learned: I told my coach I was afraid if I did this well, she'd keep writing this workout for me to do over and over and over and over.
The lesson I keep learning over and over again here is that these workouts are generally harder in my mind than they are in my body.  Though this one was pretty tough on both.  I kept telling myself I had to run my mile anyways so just see how many sets I could do.
Bonus: I ordered clothes from InkNBurn and they came today.  I may be wearing some of them on race day.  I hope I get a chance to wear my race vest with a singlet once before the race.  I need to check for chaffing issues.

No comments:

Post a Comment