30.12.18

Marshmallow Training - 19 Weeks to Go

Sunday Planned: 8 Miles Long Run
Sunday actual: 7.87 miles in the morning.
From today, I learned: It's always more fun to run when it's above 30*.  There's so much oxygen in the air.  Also, totally fine to walk up a hill from time to time.

Monday Planned: Hill Repeats.  Weights?
Monday actual:
Monday abs: Done, although somehow I finished I minute early.  I don't even know what exercise I forgot.
Hill repeats: Warm up; 8x1:00 running up the hills, recovery on the way down; cool down.  Total around 5.1 miles
No weights; my heart just wasn't in it.
From today, I learned: That hill was SUPER steep.

Tuesday Planned: 1 Mile, or 5 Miles easy
Tuesday actual: Merry Christmas.  I actually did 3.35 miles, easy, through Ault Park.  I think it was easy, I legit didn't look at my watch once. I had a blast.
I also did a finisher, which I have not done in a while.
From today, I learned: Turn my feet over on the down hills.  Count and pay attention on the finishers.  Sigh.

Wednesday Planned: 1 Mile, or 5 Miles easy.  Weights?
Wednesday actual: 3.35 miles through Ault Park. No weights.  I did do a finisher.
From today, I learned: Oh man, I am going to miss this weather so hard.

Thursday Planned: 1 Mile
Thursday actual: 1.18 miles through puddles of literal slush and ice cold water.
From today, I learned: Qat Lady told me to avoid the puddles and then at the end, jump in one 'cause it would make me laugh.  In real life, the puddles were unavoidable but I still jumped for her.  This may be the worst running conditions I've had for my entire streak.

Friday Planned: 3 Miles easy, weights
Friday actual: 1.3 miles on the treadmill at the gym.  I did not do weights.
From today, I learned: When I'm tired, don't push it.  That was the right decision.

Saturday Planned: 3 Miles easy
Saturday actual: Attempt 1 was 3 miles at Lake Nokomis.  I parked, walked across the street, and gave up.  It was waaaay too icy.
Attempt 2 was 3 miles inside at the gym.  During a basketball tournament where they were fucking making Mini Donuts that I had to smell.  I am so over this bullshit. I did make it 3 miles.  Also, made a game plan for tomorrow.  Tournament resumes with games at 9am.  So at least part of my run will be on a treadmill away from the fucking donuts.
From today, I learned: I hate the smell of fucking donuts when I'm running.

No comments:

Post a Comment