17.12.18

Long Run Sunday: It is so warm!

Plan: Run easy, 10 miles.
Actual Mileage:  10.16 miles.
Route: This is the Creek River Greenway Loop.  I've had good times and bad times here in the past.
Weather: I am mostly in heaven.  Temps were over 30 when I started, around 40* when I ended.  Winds were out of the west, so the Greenway was a little chilly.
Wardrobe: Compression socks, light weight pants, my neon 10 mile shirt, 1/4 zip, buff on my head, Merrel shoes on my feet.
Execution: I kept an eye on my heart rate for roughly the first 8 miles, and kept those miles 'easy'  The last two miles, I covered up my watch so I couldn't see it and just ran by what made me feel good. The only mile split I know is my last mile.
Nutrition: LOL.  No.  I ran fasted.  I was a bit nervous about the decision not to carry good or water around mile 5, but I calmed down and felt fine.
From today, I learned:
1. I wished I'd brought my sunglasses.  I knew there would be sun, but it was kind of cloudy when I left.  The sun came out in full force and there was some wind too.
2. I was okay fasted and no water, even though I got nervous about it.
3. Nice and easy is so much easier when it's above freezing and there's oxygen in the air.
Bonus: The Dungeon Master is at the Viking Ship today.  She is part of a half time presentation.  So I took a picture of her from far away on my run.

No comments:

Post a Comment